After 20 years

I have the opportunity to meet a friend last night, 20 years after we left Tunku Abdul Rahman College Penang.
He was still unbeliever when we left the college. However, since I was connected with him last few years via Facebook, I realised that he is involved in church ministry. I told myself I must ask him how and why he accepted Christ when I meet him face to face.

Here goes his story:
Brother T was from Buddhism background. He met his girl friend, who is a Christian. She invited him to go to church. He went, out of obligations. In one incident, he was invited to attend a camp in Sungai Petani, and he went.
After ice-breaking session, a speaker went on stage to preach, and my dear brother started to burst in tears. He just can't stop it. The Holy Spirit was working within him, and he kept crying for over 30minutes. He had never had such experience before. He said it was something from within. And an young pastor led him to accept Christ. He was baptised in 2003, 4 years after our graduation.

(He told me last night, during this time of crying, he thought of two persons - Johann and me. He said these two persons, being friends and classmates, had shown life differently. In the college years, he observed us, and we were just being kind to people around us.)

------------------------------------------------------------------

I thank God for my brother's salvation. It is really touching my heart when he told me his testimony. Praise the Lord.

Comments

Popular Posts